euskalforging rigorously selects its suppliers following a strict homologation process.
Once approved, euskalforging carries out a validation test consisting of purchasing a heat to manufacture rings that are inspected in order to validate the supplier's material.
Currently, almost all the suppliers are located in Europe:
euskalforging follows a policy of reaching strategic reserve capacity agreements with its suppliers, guarantying the supply to its clients.
At euskalforging, the raw material is purchased in two formats, both in continuous castings and in ingots. The dimensions of the formats vary:
- Continuous casting from Ø 310 mm to Ø 850 mm
- Round ingots from Ø 600 mm to Ø 1,500 mm
- Square and polygonal ingots from 5,000 kg to 80,000 kg
euskalforging's main suppliers are:
euskalforging monitors its suppliers to ensure compliance with:
- Its quality standards, complying with the purchase specifications as regards technical and chemical composition
- Delivery times
- The certificate they have in their possession given by Third Accredited Parties (Lloyds, ABS, DNV, TUV…)
The suppliers send the raw material to euskalforging by:
- Truck - Road transport
- Railway (whole train or single wagons)
- Ship (to the port of Pasajes or the port of Bilbao)
euskalforging has agreements at ports and railway stations to deposit and store the acquired material until it is transported to its facilities.
euskalforging has 11,000 m² of its own warehouses where stores the raw material next to the cutting sections. In addition, it has over 30,000 m² of warehouse space available through agreements with logistics centres in Irun, Pasajes and Santurtzi in Spain, and in Hendaye in south-west France.